Monday, September 23, 2013

Sewing Table Mat

I got frustrated with getting scratches all over my sewing desk every time I pinned something to sew up. This was my solution. I used an old pillowcase that had extra back fabric (to fully enclose the pillow, which I removed) and lined the inside (for padding) with an even older, worn out, plush blanket and sewed it shut. I also attached straps, made from the extra back fabric mentioned above, to hold it onto the desk. I slipped it over the legs and up onto the top. I then secured the right side to the legs with 2 straps also made from the extra back fabric (so as not to slide around). Now, when I sew, I will no longer have to worry about getting scratches or pencil marks all over my nice wood desk and nothing will slide or roll off!


No comments:

Post a Comment